Cycling from Tanger to Essaouira in Morocco over the Atlas mountains. Start where the NorthCape-Tarifa adventure finishes, about 17km south of Tarifa in Africa.
The rules for the Morocco Bike-Adventure are simple and largely self-policed. The rules attempt to embody the spirit of self-support and fairness for all riders.
That’s the Morocco Bike-Adventure, a single-stage, unsupported, cycling adventure across Morocco.
Need a travel insurance?
A view km south of Europe in the north of Africa at Tanger is the start for the Morocco Bike-Adventure 2019. Same place that was scenry of the James Bond “The Living Dayligth”. On the way to the finish at Essaouira the route comes along other film places. One of them, that was also scenery for a James Bond film will be check point 2.
- start: Tanger, Morocco
- finish: Essaouira, Morocco
- standard route: 1990km and 36’200m vertical climbing
- extended route: 2920km and 41’000m vertical climbing
- first edition: start in Tanger October 6th 2019.
- registration: opens January 1st 2019
- for who: this will not be your first bikepacking adventure
- limited starting field for the 1st edition