Cycling from Tangier to Essaouira in Morocco over the Atlas mountains. Start where the NorthCape-Tarifa adventure finishes, about 17km south of Tarifa, in Africa.
When you start the “Morocco Bike-Adventure”, you dive into a world far away from your comfort zone! You conquer the African continent on your bicycle! Far away from civilization, you see places where hardly a tourist will ever get there…
Morocco Bike-Adventure is a single-stage, unsupported, cycling adventure across Morocco.
An event from Transbike-Adventures.
Need a travel insurance?
Tangier, Morocco; a port city on the Strait of Gibraltar in Africa. Only a few kilometers south of Tarifa, Spain and yet, a world away. The same place that was used in the scenery of the James Bond film, The Living Daylight.
On route to Essaouira, adventurers will travel through many beautiful areas of Morocco, among others that have been used in films. A volcanic crater, La Cárcel Portuguesa, will be a checkpoint on the route. This crater was used as a film stage for another James Bond film, as well as the Brendan Fraser blockbuster film, The Mummy.
- start: Tangier, Morocco / October 5th 2019
- finish: Essaouira, Morocco
- finisher party: Essaouira, October 19th 2019 from 19:00 on
- standard route: 1760km and 31’800m vertical climbing
- extended route: till 2900km and 39’600m vertical climbing
- route: Moroccos roads and piste, all kind of road surfaces
- for who: experienced bikepackers, this should not be your first bikepacking adventure
- limited starting field for the 1st edition
Riders from Belgium, Germany, Greece, Netherlands, Sweden, the United Kingdom and the United States will start on October 5th, 2019. Most of them targeting the standard route, a few for the extensions. But every rider can decide on the route.