Cycling from Tangier to Sidi Ifni in Morocco over the Rif and Atlas mountains and continue trough the Sahara desert. Start where the NorthCape-Tarifa adventure finishes, about 17km south of Tarifa, in Africa.
When you start the “Morocco Bike-Adventure”, you dive into a world far away from your comfort zone! You conquer the African continent on your bicycle! Far away from civilization, you see places where hardly a tourist will ever get there…
Morocco Bike-Adventure is a single-stage, unsupported, cycling adventure across Morocco.
Need a travel insurance?
2nd edition will again start at Tangier October 10th 2020, with an updated route, that includes more Sahara desert pistes.
New for 2020: chose between road route on paved roads only and the piste route.
Tangier, Morocco; a port city on the Strait of Gibraltar in Africa. Only a few kilometers south of Tarifa, Spain and yet, a world away. The same place that was used in the scenery of the James Bond film, The Living Daylight.
On route to Sidi Ifni, adventurers will travel through many beautiful areas of Morocco, among others that have been used in films or have been part of the legendary Paris-Dakar rally. The 2020 route will have less vertical climbing and brings all riders to the Sahara desert, also on the standard route.
- start: Tangier, Morocco / October 10th 2020
- finish: Sidi Ifni, Morocco
- finisher party: Sidi Ifni, October 24th 2020, 19:00
- road route: 2100km and 21’000m vertical climbing
- standard route: 1900km and 20’000m vertical climbing
- extended route: 2100km and 22’000m vertical climbing
- ultimate route: 3000km and 32’000m vertical climbing
- no time limit
- for who: experienced bikepackers
- limited starting field