Cycling from Tanger to Essaouira in Morocco over the Atlas mountains. Start where the NorthCape-Tarifa adventure finishes, about 17km south of Tarifa in Africa.
The rules for the Morocco Bike-Adventure are simple and largely self-policed. The rules attempt to embody the spirit of self-support and fairness for all riders.
Morocco Bike-Adventure is a single-stage, unsupported, cycling adventure across Morocco.
An event from Transbike-Adventures.
Need a travel insurance?
A view km south of Europe in the north of Africa at Tanger is the start for the Morocco Bike-Adventure 2019. Same place that was scenery of the James Bond “The Living Dayligth”. On the way to the finish at Essaouira the route comes along other film places. One of them, that was also scenery for a James Bond film and the movie “The Mummy”, an old vulcano crator “La Cárcel Portuguesa” will be an other check point.
- start: Tanger, Morocco / October 5th 2019
- finish: Essaouira, Morocco
- finisher party: Essaouira, October 19th 2019 from 19:00 on
- standard route: 1760km and 31’800m vertical climbing
- extended route: 2900km and 39’600m vertical climbing
- route: Moroccos roads and piste, all kind of road surfaces
- registration: opens January 1st 2019
- for who: experienced bikepackers, this will not be your first bikepacking adventure
- limited starting field for the 1st edition